While living and working in Edinburgh in 2008 I set out to write one million words in 366 days... but only managed 800,737.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Earworms

As if you haven't heard enough of me talking about music for one week (lifetime?)... But if you go to SwissToni's Blog you'll find my effort as guest editor of his Earworms of the Week feature.

I managed to not mention a single Tragically Hip song (having done so here), but couldn't exclude Warren Zevon as well.

I think April will be the month I get into classical music, just for something new to talk about. Any recommendations on where to start?

2 comments:

swisslet said...

I've always meant to try classical music on for size. My wife loves it. I've just been to Vienna....home of Mozart and all that gubbins... and yet I just can't do it. I don't get it and it does my head in. Apparently my personality type is meant to like Shostakovich. Well, I don't.

Good luck though.

And thanks for your earworms. A cracking list.

ST

swisslet said...

Just for reference, and for your own gratification, I have now bought some Warren Zevon, and I'm very much enjoying it so far.

Thought you'd like to know.

ST