While living and working in Edinburgh in 2008 I set out to write one million words in 366 days... but only managed 800,737.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nirvana In Retrospect

This is what I did tonight when I had the room to myself:

Watched Portugal versus Czech Republic, y’know, to unwind after work.

Checked my emails, check my statcounter, read a few other blogs.

Opened a blank document.

Went and looked in the fridge. Decided I’d cook tea.

Ate tea in front of the TV.

Did the dishes.

Decided I should also make my lunch for tomorrow.

Opened an existing story which is missing its final scene.

Checked my emails again.

Watched this video without fast-forwarding until 2mins 45seconds.

Checked to see if Switzerland versus Turkey had started (got to do my research for my impending journey).

Turned off TV. Edited existing story from the beginning. Got distracted at page 12 by Sarah Polley’s version of ‘Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)’. Rocked out.

Tried on the suit I only wear to interviews.

Thought: You stupid procrastinating chump.

Started noting down the various forms of procrastination for use in a blog post.

Returned to existing story, read a good sentence, decided it needed to be cut.

Ate an obscene amount of dried cranberries.

Removed ‘Never Let Me Go’ from my iPod to make room for ‘The Wasp Factory’.

Continued to edit existing story with the finale of The Apprentice playing on the television, turning around when ever my boy Raef said something (sadly, it was only twice).

Swept the floor of our bedroom (something Marisa asked me to do while she was away, so…)

Ironed some shirts.

Updated my list of procrastination activities.

Checked my emails. I had two. Replied to one.

Posted this.

1 comment:

Darren said...

WOW, thats all I can say. p.s. you lasted longer than I did at watching that vid before fastfowarding