While living and working in Edinburgh in 2008 I set out to write one million words in 366 days... but only managed 800,737.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The (Part-)Day of Zero Distractions

Tomorrow evening I will be home alone. No house guest (Manchester). No significant other (business trip, East Midlands). The sense of excitement I feel for the span of six uninterrupted hours after finishing work and falling asleep verges on ridiculous.

Even though I have existing stories to edit (ah, the collection; I feel like I am swimming out to a boat that has come free of its moorings), I will write something new tomorrow. Not that I have any one nascent story in mind. But I want to conquer the blank page, rather than rub smudges from the faces of my misbegotten brood (they never stay clean for long).

I will write a post after my brief writing nirvana entitled "Nirvana In Retrospect" (to attract more grunge fans/90's stuck-in-the-muds to my blog).

No comments: