While living and working in Edinburgh in 2008 I set out to write one million words in 366 days... but only managed 800,737.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Status Report: Week Forty-Nine

Weeks Forty-Nine – The Stats

Weekly Wordcount: 12,085 words (compared to 16,163 words last week)
Average: 1,726 words per day (compared to target of 3,001 words/day)
Most productive day: Sunday 7 December, 3,117 words
Least productive day: Friday 5 December, 703 words
Year-to-date: 755,915 words

Week forty-nine was a paltry one, there’s no escaping the fact. But whatever. I still have a long list of things to sort out before we fly out on the 21st, BUT I don’t have that pesky day job any more. Suddenly, time is less of a problem. It’s just a matter of finding the motivation, inspiration, and perseverance to write 2.5 short stories and sundry summary materials I deem appropriate.

Additional Number Crunching

2008 Writing Days Remaining: 13
Required Daily Wordcount to Crack 800,000 Words: 3,391 words per day
Target for the Next 13 Days: 5,000 words per day (why the heck not?)

So what if I haven’t written over 5,000 words in a day since the first of March? I have all the ingredients: defined project(s); defined goal; deadline; time... I feel I should be knocking wood as I type this, but I can’t risk a knuckle injury at this late stage!

No comments: